Saturday, February 27, 2010

Visual Thesaurus - continued

So, as promised, I filed a complaint with the NY AG office (Complaint form) and with the NYC BBB (Complaint form). I also fired off an Email to ThinkMap's VCs (GFT, inc).

Afterwards, I sent off another Email to the CEO ThinkMap, Michael Freedman, letting him know that I had filed the complaints and expressing my disappointment that I had to go so far. Naturally, I didn't expect any response to this Email, since they had ignored all of my previous attempts to contact them.

Lo and behold, ten minutes after I sent the Email, I got a reply from Mr. Freedman, including a link to download and install the software. He also left a voicemail on my cellphone. This was Sunday morning at 10 a.m. In both his Email and voicemail, he assures me that ThinkMap had responded to all of my online requests ("they must be caught in your spam filter") and also that he had never before received any Email from me. Perhaps *his* spam filter blocks anything that doesn't have the words "attorney general" or "better business bureau" in it.

Whatever...

He said, I said. Maybe it is my fault, maybe it's not. As far as I'm concerned, this was WAY too much effort for me to use something I paid for and it was their system/policies that made it this way. Eventually the AG and BBB complaints will get marked "resolved," but, if they keep getting more of them and they only get resolved after the complaint gets filed, eventually ThinkMap will improve the process.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Once again you have violated the short posts rule. See below.